This video is a TED Talk by Captain and Oceanographer Charles Moore. Charles is the founder of the Algalita Marine Research Foundation, which first discovered the Great Pacific Garbage Patch . Since this discovery, Moore has been analyzing its condition and impact on life in the ocean, conducting numerous expeditions to places of plastic debris in the world's oceans. The author shares reliable first-hand information about this problem, urging people to be conscious about plastic and garbage.
See also anekdotig:
- Video: "Where does the garbage in the ocean come from?" - informative short film .
- Video: Why is plastic marine litter so common? - informative short film .
- Video: What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch? - informative short film .
- Video: What can we do to reduce ocean debris? - informative short film .
- Video: " Plastic bottles and ocean pollution ".
- Article: " Ocean garbage islands - a new heritage of civilization ."
- Advice: " Stop going to fast food outlets with disposable utensils " (December 7, 2015)
- Advice: " Write to product manufacturers to stop plastic packaging " (July 27, 2015)
- News: " UN: 'Biodegradable' plastic doesn't biodegrade and harm oceans " (November 25, 2015)
- News: " By 2050, over 99% of seabirds will eat plastic " (September 1, 2015)
- Newsletter: " Scientists prove for the first time that zooplankton eat microplastics found in the ocean " (July 27, 2015)